Friday, March 18, 2011

Profitable Selling Retired Beanies

ljh director talks about the election of Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss!

Hello hello!
Today I bring you a juicy story that has been taking over the blogosphere these days. I did not want to open your mouth or anything until it was confirmed and, as we see in the next article I translated for you ... It's a fact!

Our dear Katniss Everdeen of The Hunger Games be brought to the big screen in the flesh for ...

Jennifer Lawrence!



'The Hunger Games, "director Gary Ross talks about 'the choice of sharing my life easier'

This afternoon Lionsgate has announced that 'The Hunger Games' has finally found his hero. Nominated for an Oscar, Jennifer Lawrence (Winter's Bone) will play Katniss Everdeen, the tribute besieged by District 12 is going to lead a revolution in the best-selling trilogy by Suzanne Collins. The director Gary Ross spoke exclusively to EW about why Lawrence, 20 years old, is the right actress, at the right age to Katniss come alive on the big screen. (Warning: some spoilers ahead.)

Entertainment Weekly: When Lawrence knew that Jennifer was his Katniss?
GARY ROSS: First of all, I 'Winter's Bone', and just thought it was a phenomenal talent and a fascinating and surprising power. And then we had a meeting and found it just as an intelligent and completely convincing. But then came and read to me and knocked me down. I will not go into too much detail, but we did a scene from the movie and was so incredibly powerful it was kind of stunning. It sees every aspect of the role and potential of the whole movie.

Already some handshakes and that no matter how good it is Lawrence as actress, at age 20 she is simply too big for the role.
First, I talked to Suzanne about this a lot. Suzanne saw each individual test. And not only has no problem with the age of Jen, but feels that it takes someone of a certain maturity and power to be Katniss. This is a girl who has to incite a revolution. We can not have a pointless person interpreting it, and we can not have someone who is too young for this. Suzanne was very adamant about it. Far from being too old, I was very concerned that we choose someone who was too young. In the mind of Suzanne, and mine, Katniss not a young girl. It is important she is a young woman. It is a mother figure in your family. Had to take care of Prim, and in many respects to his mother since the death of his father. She has had to grow very quickly.

was an opportunity to be set aside against the child labor laws an added bonus?
That's not the reason. I have absolutely chosen the right person for the role and in my opinion, there was not even a question of who would be the best Katniss. It was the easiest casting decision I made in my life.

In the books, Katniss is described as olive-skinned, dark hair, possibly biracial. Did you discuss Suzanne the consequences of choosing a blonde, Caucasian?
Suzanne and I talked about that too. There are certain things that are very clear in the book. Rue is African American. Tresh is African American. Suzanne had no problem with Jen on paper. And she thought there was a tremendous amount of flexibility. It was the doctrine of it. Jen has the dark hair on paper, but that is something that movies can be easily accomplished. [Laughs] I pledge to all avid fans The Hunger Games we can easily cope with Jennifer's hair color.

How will inform the rest of its launch in terms of age, looks, everything?
Katniss Now that we have, see who it feels good for both Peeta and Gale and the rest of his family.

Do actors have already begun to read it?
No, but saw a lot of people for a lot of papeles.Obviamente, we must ensure that the cast is balanced and makes sense. We are very close. I have very, very good ideas about who I want in a host of other functions. So I think there will be plenty of things to come out fairly quickly.

Have you had conversations with her about the enormity of participating not only in a franchise like this, but with a character and is so loved by the world? How do you prepare a young person for that?
Oh God, have you ever met her? [Laughter] Do not worry about Jennifer Lawrence. She is a very powerful person. Jennifer is in Kentucky. I think she feels a connection with who Katniss complete, ie how many people do, but this seems to fit very well to it. I think he is very confident about the role, I think she feels very organic. Is ready to dive. Going to start archery classes next week. Yes, will start shooting arrows next week! I think at the end of the week will begin to learn to climb trees. She's very strong, young, confident. He is very confident in her own talent and who she is as a woman, and I think all these things make me want to dive into the paper.

you going to watch the blogs and bulletin boards in the coming days to gauge the fan reaction to the news cast?
I think one of the wonderful things about The Hunger Games is that everyone has a personal relationship with the material that they feel they have a very specific idea about the character and who is the character. And that's wonderful. And I think much of the debate that has lasted about who Katniss it is fantastic because people feel very passionately about his choice of interpreter is single right. But the more I listened I honestly was Suzanne, who conjured up this girl out of his own imagination. For Suzanne, Jen is the perfect realization of the character in your head.

Source: Entertainment Weekly

Yes, I like you, I thought things like "very senior", "a blonde", "I imagined and Kat .. . ', etc etc, when I heard the rumors about Jennifer. But seeing this interview and how confident are not only the director, but Suzanne, on the election, I have become calmer. I hope and cross my fingers because Jen does a good job and cover even part of our expectations.

And do you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment