Monday, April 4, 2011

How Long To Get Over Strep Throat

Review: Besos de Sangre (Jeaniene Frost)

Well, well, we started the week with a review of my friend Cordoba Adri:) This book was eyeing for some time and has given me critical looking forward to finally buy one of these: DA are saying and see if someone already have read, I would like to tell me that they have found it ^ ^



If Buffy and Angel had a daughter, would probably be as Cat Crawfield, a vampire hunter with a bit of vampire blood and personality. Cat has set free the world from the dark creatures of the night. But when it's captured by Bones, finds the master of vampires, as terrible as sexy, has a few things to teach ...




Ok, ok, I know that I will say again I am talking about vampires and already I'm getting boring with this. But what does it matter? Is superior to me ... so I will go straight to the point and not bother with introductions.

For those who read the synopsis, have read the phrase "If Buffy and Angel had a daughter, would probably be as Cat Crawfield" . How true was this sentence. Being a fan of the program (both Buffy and Angel, the best vampire series ever existed on television), I had my doubts and started reading the book with some skepticism. And But today I find myself reading non-stop book after book in this gripping saga. Besos de Sangre is only the first part of a story that already has five titles , but today I will just talk about the first, you have a better idea of \u200b\u200bwhat it covers. Cat

Crawfield is a vampire hunter. Like many people in many other books have been. Nothing new, right? Only the author has included a large element "Blade" history and has become his heroine in a mestizo. Half human, half vampire. Personally, I have a preference for hybrid characters. But this is precisely what we like about it. Is your personality. Sookie Stackhouse Since I could not find a character I liked so much. Written all books in first person, it becomes much more achievable. It has the features that delight in these books: he is brave, sarcastic, honorable and knows his job. And it is this work that makes the series becomes more interesting. I do not want to ruin the surprises, so I will have to discover the mystery of you. Yes, it is hateful, but I appreciate it when they read.

Bones is my perfect image of a vampire. Powerful and vengeful, but with that touch of romance that makes women crazy. His love for Cat is similar to Eric and Sookie in True Blood, in addition to certain physical similarities. Yes, definitely, Bones is on my list of "I love vampires."

Both characters are like Buffy and Angel in their own way. They seem to Sookie and Eric. And Mina and Jonathan. Are so similar to the great characters of the best stories about vampires that is easy to discern which are classic characteristics of vampires and their partners.

One small caveat: the book contains almost explicit sex scenes. So, if you do not like this, you have two choices: pass the chapter devoted to these activities almost or not reading it. Are advised.

One of the most interesting things is the question the book is racist Cat and her mother presented to all vampires. For both, all vampires are demons. Point. No good vampires. For them, in their minds, there is no such thing, they only live to kill and massacre the poor and innocent human lives. The whole conception of Cat on the undead breaks down when she meets Bones. Vampires are not the only ones murderers. Humans are not the only creatures that are good out there. A parallel to what Lamont demonstrates to the neo-Nazi Derek on blacks in the film American History X.

Cat
German Home
This hatred for vampires comes from his mother, who was raped by a vampire when I was eighteen and, therefore, gave birth to our beloved protagonist. This little fact makes us turn to ask a different question. That is, the guilt Cat for being the daughter of a depraved, and the hatred she feels for her mother for having spawned. Mind you, this does not confuse. Justine loves her daughter but can not help but hate the girl for being the daughter of an aberrant act, rather than anything physical resemblance to his father. This creates a problem for all Cat And for us also, if we move slightly away from the fantasy story that surrounds it. How many mothers feel that way about their children under similar circumstances? How many of them the hurt emotionally by something that did not have to blame? Here are some of the questions I did several times while reading how Justine recited his hatred for vampires and, indirectly, by a race which is also part of Cat.

So, you see, Blood Kisses and all the other books that follow are more than a matter of hunting vampires. All books have a human element that affects us and makes us think . This is when you realize that a story really worth. When we play that part of us that makes us think and think, identify with things and opens the mind. With this, I recommend spending a little money and dive into the life of Catherine. Or rather, Cat, as she prefers to be called.

3 and 1 / 2

0 comments:

Post a Comment