Thursday, April 7, 2011

Network Controller For Toshiba M300

Guest Author: Lauren Kate! (Part I, on his books)

Hello hello!
Today I bring you the first part of what they had promised Kate Lauren shared with a few curious readers, among whom I found myself (Annie), a few things about her, her books, about writing and until we left some tips for those wishing to break into the vast world of letters! Of course I wanted to share with you, so here's what I translated.
Due to its length, I decided to divide what he told us in two parts, here is the first, and go up the night now, probably, the other, or else tomorrow, we'll see ^ ^ So I hope you enjoy it and are encouraged to enter the world of Dark the second part, The Power of Darkness , just come to our country.


Lauren Kate grew up in Dallas, went to school in Atlanta, and began writing in New York. He has worked as an editor at HarperCollins Juvenile literature and made a Master of Arts in creative writing, experience the latter that allowed him to engage in writing and only that. "Weather is one of the real máspreciados a writer novel can treasure, he went on, and I had almost a year only to write, which is fabulous. "
is the author of Fallen ( Dark ), first in a series consisting of four deliveries (including a prequel) and it will be made into a film by Disney Studios. Before his first novel, The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove, and deserved the acclaim.
Currently, Lauren lives in Laurel Canyon with her husband, and ensures would like to work in the kitchen of a restaurant, having a dog and learn to surf.



About books

What led to the idea of \u200b\u200bfallen angels?
I've been writing love stories since I started writing. For me, the novels complicated create narratives more interesting, so I'm always looking for new obstacles to throw in the way of my lovers. While doing my master's degree in fiction, was studying biblical narratives and found a line in Genesis (6:1-4), which describes a group of angels who fell in love with mortal women. Put this reference, along with a mention of Isaiah and the other in Palsm 82, biblical scholars conclude that these angels were cast out of heaven because of his lust. Which means, one might say that these angels chose before the love that sky. Is not it a great idea for a romance too complicated? I started thinking what kind of girl mortal attract the attention of an angel, and it would be like to be in this position. What kind of baggage would be an angel? What would your parents overprotective? From there, the whole world breaks into my head with fallen angels, demons, reincarnation, and the war between good, all fighting for a piece of action.
love I've been writing stories for as long as I've been writing. To me, The Most Complicated Romance narratives make the MOST interesting, so I'm always looking for new Obstacles to throw in my lovers' paths. When I was getting my masters degree in fiction, I was studying biblical narratives and came across a line in Genesis (6:1-4), which describes a group of angels who fell in love with mortal women. Putting this reference together with a mention in Isaiah and another in Palsm 82, biblical scholars conclude that these angels were actually cast out of Heaven for their lust. Which means—you could say—that these angels chose love over Heaven. Isn’t that a great set up for an incredibly complicated romance? I started thinking about what kind of mortal girl it would take to attract an angel’s attention. And what it would be like for her to find herself in this position. What kind of baggage would an angel have? What would her very over-protective parents think? From there, this whole world unfurled in my head with fallen angels, demons, reincarnation, and the war Between good and evil all Battling for a piece of the action.

Who do based Luce? How does it look like to you? What character do you most like?
physical traits Luce (pronounced Loose) are based on my oldest and closest friend, "and wavy dark hair, hazel eyes, small teeth, etc.. When I started writing it, I took some personality traits of this friend, but as I continue the story, Luce away from my friend in their own identity. I can share some features with it, such as his stubbornness and a tendency to drag on the romance. But if I had to pick the one I'm more (although this is difficult to imagine), could be a crazy combination of Arriane and Penn.
As for the configuration of schools in the books, all fiction, but like the characters are based on a collection of things I've experienced.
The physical traits of Luce (pronounce Loose) Are based on my Oldest, closest friend, the dark wavy hair, hazel eyes, tiny teeth, etc. When I first started writing her, I pulled Some personality traits from this friend, But as I continued with her story, Luce veered away from my friend Into an identity of her own. Some traits I share with her-like her stubbornness and Tendency to get swept away by romance. But if I HAD to Which one I'm MOST like (Though this is hard to imagine), I Might Be a crazy combination of Arriane and Penn.
As for the settings of the schools in the books, Everything is fictional, But like the characters, they're based on a compilation of Things I've Experienced.

Did you have to struggle to create some of the characters?
Daniel was the most difficult, mainly because the full truth of his character has to come to light very slowly throughout the series for books work. The revelation at the end of the first book was probably one that most readers saw coming ... Is a book about fallen angels after all! But there is a much bigger game to be revealed about Daniel that come later in the series. It's hard for me to know what's coming and just being able to show the reader both at this point. Daniel's character is hard enough and being as it is! But I like to think of it as a work in progress, a developing story, and someone who, above all, Luce knows better than anyone (including herself), and has your best interest at heart.

Daniel was the most challenging, mainly because the full truth of his character has to come to light very slowly over the course of the entire series in order for the books to work. The reveal at the end of the first book was probably one that most readers saw coming...it is book about fallen angels after all! But there's a much bigger, game-changing reveal about Daniel to come later in the series. It's challenging for me to know what's coming and only be able to show the reader so much at this point. Daniel's character is difficult enough as it is! But I like to think of him as a work in progress, a developing story, and someone who, above all, knows Luce better than anyone else (including herself), and has her best Interest at heart.


Who is good and who is the villain? Why are these angels fell? Why kill Penn? What about the marginalized? Why did you finish the book with so many unanswered questions?
That is the blessing and the curse of writing a series! I wish I could give all the answers now, but please believe me I have a reason for withholding some of the details! For those of you who are going crazy with questions, I promise, Passion is your book! It has all the juicy details on it! Meanwhile, take a look at The Sword and Cross Case Files in www.fallenbooks.com to learn a little more about who is who.
That is the blessing and the curse of writing a series! I wish I could Give you all the answers now, But please believe me That I have a reason for withholding Some of the details! For Those of you going crazy with questions, I promise, Passion is your book! It's got all the juicy details in it! In the Meantime, check out the Sword and Cross Case Files at www.fallenbooks.com to learn a little bit more about who's who.


How long it took to write the books? Because
Luce story is so emotional and so intense, I like to "go" with it and stay inside your head without departing from too much air. I write fast and furious every day for about two months for a first draft. Then I took a break and usually I go back in a month or two in a heavy revision. Because
Luce's story is so emotional and so intense, I like to "go there" with her and stay inside her head Without too much coming up for air. I write fast and furious Every day for about two months to get out a first draft. Then I take a break and Usually go back for Another month or two of heavy revision.

Do you have a playlist of songs for Dark ?
Not officially, but I heard a lot a couple of songs while writing: Drunken Angel
Lucinda Williams
You Look So Young Jayhawks of the
Not Dark Yet Bob Dylan
The First Dance (the ; full album) Bridezilla. I loved your suggestions
playlist, so feel free to send them.

How I can read the extra scenes from Dark of which I've heard people talk?
wrote six chapters Dark complementary, which have been included in several editions of the book in paperback or hardcover the Dark: The Power of Darkness depends on where you buy your book. In the U.S., Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart, Borders, and Amazon each includes a different charge. In the UK, including one in Waterstones Dark: The Power of Darkness , and in Australia, including a Big W. For now, each supplement is only available through the library / store that chose to publish it, but at some point in the future they will also extract available all together, whether in an e-book or book collections. Sorry if this is frustrating for those of you who want to read them all right now. But someday, I promise, all will be available to everyone. :)
I wrote six supplemental chapters to Fallen, Which Have Been included in Various editions of the paperback or the hardcover Torment, Depending On Where You buy your book. In the U.S., Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart, Borders, Amazon and include A Different Each supplement. In the UK, Waterstones includes one in Torment, and in Australia, Big W includes one. For now, Each supplement is only available-through the bookstore / retailer Who selected to publish it, But at Some point down the road These excerpt will Also Be Either available all together in an e-book or in a compilation book. I'm sorry if this is frustrating for Some of You Who Want to read them all right now. But someday, I promise, they'll all Be available to everyone. :)

What about your other book, The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove? Betrayal
is my first novel and was both a guilty pleasure of writing and I hope it is for people to read. It's a dark story, funny and twisted gothic on the path of a girl on the way to be a queen bee. Cruel Intentions is a combination with Friday Night Lights y MacBeth (contada desde el punto de vista de Lady Macbeth), situada en el sur contemporáneo. La gente lee Oscuros y me pregunta si fui a una escuela como Espada y Cruz. ¡Ni siquiera cerca! En realidad, es la escuela en Betrayal una versión ligeramente velada de mí secundaria, completamente enorme y tejana locamente. Todas las cosas de las que Natalie se preocupa en Betrayal están muy cerca de mi corazón de la escuela secundaria.
Como Oscuros , Betrayal es ricamente sur gótica. Oscuros está situada en Savannah y Betrayal se encuentra en Charleston, South Carolina, so that the same type of scenes beautifully South opresivaas are important to both books. But where Luce is struggling to find its place in a new school, unknown, Natalie is a girl on the top of his game and not let anything jeopardize that. Like all complex characters, both have some pretty significant skeletons in her closet. Natalie is a naughty little Luce, but I imagine that would be friendly. In fact, Nat is like a version of Arianism.
There are no plans (yet) to write a sequel to Betrayal , but you never know!
Betrayal is my first novel and WAS as much of a guilty pleasure to write as I hope it is for people to read. It’s a dark, funny, gothic story about one girl’s twisted path towards Queen Bee-dom. It’s a Cruel Intentions meets Friday Night Lights meets MacBeth (told from Lady MacBeth’s point of view), set in the contemporary south. People read Fallen and they ask me whether I went to a school like Sword and Cross. Not even close! Actually, it’s the school in Betrayal that is a thinly veiled version of my utterly enormous and insanely Texan high school. All the things Natalie cares about in Betrayal are very close to my high school heart.
Like Fallen, Betrayal is richly southern gothic—Fallen is set in Savannah and Betrayal is set in Charleston, South Carolina—so the same sort of wonderfully oppressive southern scenes are important to both books. But where Luce is struggling to find her place in a new, unfamiliar school, Natalie is a girl at the top of her game—and she won’t let anything compromise that. Like every complex character, they both have some pretty remarkable skeletons in their closet. Natalie is a bit naughtier than Luce, but I imagine they would be friends. Actually, Nat’s kind of like a type-A version of Arriane.
No plans (yet) to write a sequel to Betrayal, but you never know!




¡Espero que me dejen sus comentarios! Mañana la segunda parte :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment